Saturday, August 22, 2015

The Making of Movies

As the deadline for my animation project is coming faster than a speeding bullet (I'm kidding, but really....) I've been spending quite a bit of time  in this exact place in my room.
I started out animating it all on the computer (After Effects cc 2015) but, alas, it was just looking wrong on the computer. The story line has a lot to do with the characters being "doodles" and when I would draw them on the computer, they just didn't look like doodles at all.
I switched to making it a chalk board animation, which is so so so much fun!!Now I get to work with my chalk board wall, rather than staring at the computer. So it all kinda works out:)
(P.S. the toilet paper roll is for erasing things...if you were wondering...which you probably weren't;P)


16 comments:

  1. This sounds like an amazing project!! Summer is the best time for things like this. I hope we get to see the final project!!
    xx, Pia

    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to see the finished product soon as well;)

      Delete
  2. Awsome! Looks like a lot of work! I wouldn't have the patients for something like this
    -V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, animation is amazing, but it's as amazing as it is time consuming!

      Delete
  3. Hah! I was wondering what the toilet paper was for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always envied your chalkboard wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hey Joe!
      You're very right, chalkboard walls are beyond awesome.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen a lot of blogs on TBC in all the time I have been following it but yours is hands down my favourite! :D
    So much talent! Love the sketches! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a beautiful idea cant hope it all goes well

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that a Microsoft surface pro 3? Great post by the way I enjoyed reading it and you look like a really nice person to follow in the future.

    The Grand Regime
    thegrandregime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete